The principals and senior directors of Seven Oaks Company have extensive experience with the development of Class A mixed-use and office projects, having constructed over 3.5M square feet of Class A space totaling nearly $1.25B in completed value. The firm specializes in the placemaking of urban and suburban mixed-use developments, incorporating speculative office, as well as corporate build-to-suit structures within an overall mixed-use plan. The firm offers specific disciplines in the following areas:
- Design, Planning, Permitting, and Construction
- Entitlements and Government Incentives
- Financial Analysis
- Financing/Capital Sourcing
- Marketing/Leasing Brokerage
- Project Conceptualization and Management
- Redeveloping and Repositioning of Existing Assets
- Strategic Planning/Placemaking
Seven Oaks Company brings an ownership focus and principle-led involvement to every leasing and property management engagement it takes on. The majority of our senior management team began their careers managing large commercial projects for institutional partners, and have cut their teeth on handling complex, multi-use type engagements. Seven Oaks brings that same discipline and focus to every engagement, whether it is an industrial loft office conversion, a Fortune 500 headquarters facility or a suburban speculative mixed-use community center.
A fully licensed broker, Seven Oaks partners with national brokerage firms on its speculative leasing engagements to leverage its principals’ time for strategic owner and investor focus, but provides full property management services for institutional and opportunistic investor clients. Our management team is LEED certified and regularly commissions buildings in-house on behalf of ownership without the high fees that often accompany this type work..
Seven Oaks principal Bob Voyles introduced commercial land development to the Hines southeast portfolio in the early 1990s. Bob and his team successfully executed complex engagements on behalf of a major hospital endowment, and later orchestrated the master planning, entitlement, and successful execution of several major land development projects in Tennessee (Cool Springs, outside of Nashville) and Deerfield (GA 400/Alpharetta). Seven Oaks is currently successfully executing several large-scale land projects, both in an urban setting (Perimeter Summit in Atlanta), as well as a suburban (Deerfield Township in Forsyth County, GA). These mixed-use projects contain an array of product types, including multifamily, single family residential, hotel, retail and office components, and have received several awards and have been recognized for their contributions to their respective communities.
Seven Oaks provides asset management and consulting services for a number of institutional and family office clients. Our team has a special appreciation for corporate and institutional real estate goals and expectations that is grounded in real world experience, having worked for large institutional partners, major opportunity funds and family offices that invest in real estate. Seven Oaks has performed multiple advisory servicing engagements for both new and existing projects that needed troubleshooting. Seven Oaks can offer flexibility of services to meet clients’ specific needs on any engagement.
Seven Oaks Company has occasionally provided advisory and consulting services to a wide array of institutional, opportunity fund and family office clients since its inception. A general description of those engagements includes the following:
- Wilmington, NC: Assisted foreign investor by creating a disposition strategy for 700 acres of excess land purchased in a land speculation upcycle. Conducted thorough analysis of physical, environmental and market issues and then developed and presented a clear disposition strategy.
- Tampa, Orlando & Atlanta Office Building Due Diligence Services: Assisted a Southeast-based investment fund with Class A due physical diligence on several large urban office buildings put under contract to add to its real estate portfolio.
- Austin, TX: Assisted high net worth family office with development, and JV and marketing strategy for prime real estate being repositioned for development in burgeoning corridor. Advisory services including interfacing with local government officials, entitlement counsel, other family office team representatives, as well as assisting with joint venture terms and development strategy.
- Bartow County (Northwest Atlanta): Assisted foreign investment fund by providing underwriting, master planning services and entitlement discussions with local government officials on a large 1300-acre tract of land, resulting in the decision to not proceed with its intended investment.
- Birmingham, AL: Assisted southeast investment fund with potential acquisition and repositioning strategy for 1980s multi-building suburban office campus.
- Midtown Atlanta: Assisted foreign investment fund in repositioning and development master planning strategy for strategic Midtown site on Peachtree Road containing historic structures.
- Perimeter Atlanta: Assisted Southeast-based REIT with repositioning strategy on 20-acre Perimeter site containing 600,000 square feet of 1970s Class B office and surface parking adjacent to MARTA. Coordinated updating master plan, meeting with state and local officials, developing investment strategy and later its disposition strategy.